2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned into measuring cup and leveled)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
Measure into a small bowl and set aside
3/4 cup sugar
1 stick butter (softened)
2 large eggs
1/3 cup whole milk
1 tsp pure vanilla
1 cup ripened bananas (two to three mashed and measured)
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2) Grease bottom (only) of bread loaf baking pan
3) Using a mixer add paddle and mix sugar and softened butter and beat on medium until fluffy
* Remember to stop mixer and scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl with rubber scraper
4) Continue on slow to medium speed and add in eggs one at a time
5) Add the mashed bananas, milk and vanilla combining well
6) Slowly add in the dry ingredients until the batter is thick and perfectly blended
7) Add batter to pre-greased baking dish and place on middle rack in hot oven
8) Bake 50 to 60 minutes or golden and toothpick inserted comes out clean
9) Cool in pan for five minutes, move to cooling rack and store in refrigerator after cooled
Cut the next day … if you can wait!
** This bread freezes beautifully. Slice while semi-frozen for an even cut.
*** Variation for Banana Nut Bread Add in 1/2 chopped walnuts as you add in the flour.