It doesn’t take much to turn chicken into something more. Depending upon which seasoning you use,
whether you bake or fry or saute, and if you use a sauce or gravy, chicken is a versatile meat.
3-6 chicken breasts rinsed and patted dry
1 can cream of mushroom soup
15 uncooked mushroom slices
1/3 cup white wine
1/4 cup water
salt & pepper to taste
3/4 tsp paprika
1 Tbsp Herbs de Provence crushed and sprinkled on top
1) Preheat oven to 375º
2) Prepare a shallow pan by lining w/ aluminum foil & spray w/ non-stick spray
3) Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
4) In a deep bowl pour the cream of mushroom soup and add 1/4 cup water and the wine. Blend together.
5) Dip chicken into the soup mixture and cover completely.
6) Place chicken into the baking pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper, dried herbs and paprika.
7) Place slices of mushrooms on the chicken.
8) Put into oven and reduce oven temperature to 350º. Bake 41 to 45 minutes.