Theresa’s Cabbage & Sprout Orzo
6 slices thick bacon
1 bag frozen petite brussels sprouts
1/4 hunk fresh cabbage cut into small square pieces
2 large outside cabbage leaves
1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
Salt & Pepper to taste
1) Boil water for orzo and make sure you have enough. Salt just before adding pasta. (5 min to boil and 10 min to cook)
2) Fry bacon until well-done and crispy. Place cooked bacon on paper towel to cool.
3) Cook brussels sprouts in the microwavable bag 5 minutes.
4) Reduce heat under bacon drippings and add butter.
5) Add chopped cabbage and some salt, and saute while stirring for about 3 minutes.
6) Add Brussels sprouts to skillet and stir. Add more salt and pepper.
7) Drain almost all of the water from the orzo (leave little pasts water in pot)
8) Add orzo to skillet and stir.
9) Rinse the two cabbage leaves (cut the end spine piece in a V-cut) Microwave on a paper towel for 1 minute.
10) Place a cabbage leaf on each plate and spoon cooked food onto each cabbage leaf.
11) Sprinkle bacon on top and serve.
* Yields 2-3 servings