Ooh la la this was full of distinctive flavors. I used an effect on this photograph, which softened the edges. It seems to look a bit romantic. Believe me, I was the only one eating this bowl of pasta. There was no competition. I added a tiny salad and Blood Orange soft drink as my dessert. This was after I drank five glasses of water.
Theresa’s Bacon Marinara Pasta
1/8 box pasta of your choice
10 nice slices of mushrooms
4 garlic gloves slices and chopped a bit
1/3 stick unsalted butter
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/3 LB fresh bacon
3 large spoonfuls bacon drippings
1/3 jar Bertolli’s Hot Pepper Marinara Sauce (it’s spicy)
1 handful shredded mozzarella cheese for topping
1) Boil sufficient water for pasta. Add salt to water just before adding pasta. Cook accordingly.
2) Fry the bacon until crispy all over. Remove pan from stove and drain bacon on paper towels. Save the bacon drippings.
3) Melt butter into small saute pan and when heated and starting to bubble, add mushrooms and cook until golden on both sides.
4) Add garlic and saute with mushrooms for 1.5 minutes. Add sauce and heat until bubbling and you can hear it sizzling, without burning. You want the vegetables to meld with the sauce.
5) Remove pasta from water and place into a serving bowl. Add the bacon drippings and toss.
6) Cover pasta with sauce.
7) Crumble most of the bacon on top, Add shredded cheese and place a few bigger pieces of bacon around. Enjoy!
** Visit Half Hour Meals for lots of recipes like these.