One day I plan to have an owner operated French Bakery and the windows and cases will be filled with gorgeous desserts, like this one. Here is my recipe for Chocolate Pate Sucree.
Chocolate Pate Sucree
This is a strong beginning for a chocolate dessert. It can be used baked or raw.
3 oz 10 X sugar
6 oz butter softened
1 t orange zest
2 oz egg beaten
7 oz cake flour
1 oz cocoa
1 pinch of salt
1 dash of vanilla
1) In a mixing bowl with the paddle attached, cream the butter.
2) Add in a little 10 X and continue beating.
3) Add zest, vanilla and mix. Add egg.
4) In a separate bowl sift the flour, cocoa together.
5) Add the flour mixture a little at a time to the mixing bowl. Continue this process until all the flour has been added.
6) As soon as the dough is just formed turn off the mixer.
7) Place dough onto a lightly floured surface. Frisage to distribute the butter evenly.
8) Shape and cover in plastic wrap. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
Shape and put into a 9″ tart pan. Chill before baking another 30 minutes.
Bake 350º for about 18 minutes. Blind or docked. Cool completely on rack before filling.
Yield 1 9″ shell.