Cakes and Cookies
Lady Finger Biscuits
3 oz sugar
1/2 t vanilla
8 oz whites
4 oz sugar
7 oz A. P. flour
1 pinch of salt
10 X sugar in shaker
Shake onto piped biscuits, wait 3 minutes and sprinkle once more before baking. The sugar will pearl.
Be patient while mixing.
1) Blend yolks, sugar and vanilla in mixing bowl and then turn speed up medium high. About five minutes. They will appear very light in color.
2) Beat whites and 4 oz sugar into a stiff French meringue.
3) Pre-sift flour and salt; set aside.
4) Fold twice; eggs into meringue.
5) Sprinkle flour through sifter onto mixture in bowl, fold, jiggle, sprinkle, fold, jiggle…repeat until all of the flour is incorporated.
6) Fill pastry bag 1/2 full. Using #5 tube pipe lady finger shape onto parchment lined sheet pans. Be sure to space between the biscuits. shake 10X sugar, wait 3 minutes and sprinkle again.
Bake 375º for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on rack.
Yield is 2 full sheet pans of biscuits.