Petit Fours Cookies / Almond Tuiles
These cookies are baked and then shaped, while warm over anything with a curve, The real test is to drop the cookie from 3″ onto a countertop. It should shatter. They are curved, thin and have a crunch. Keep them in a dry box.
4 oz sugar
4 oz sliced almonds
2 large eggs
1 t vanilla
1 1/4 oz AP flour
1/2 oz melted butter
1) Toss nuts and sugar by hand.
2) Add 2 slightly mixed eggs and mix together with a spatula.
3) Sift a little bit of flour and mix. Add more until all incorporated.
4) Add vanilla and sometimes almond extract.
5) Add melted butter and jiggle into mixture.
6) Using 2 teaspoons, spoon the batter or drop by hand. Dip the spoons into a cup of water or milk
2 1/2 ” diameter cookie = 1 t batter. Use a sil pat on sheet pan. 9 cookies per sheet. or parchment. They will spread…take back of spoon and pat it around into a circle. They don’t have to be a perfect circle. They may even look a little lacy.
Bake 350º to 375º for 8 minutes. Shape over a curve.