This tart comes from Austria. It is very highly seasoned and spicy. It bakes like a cookie. It handles like pate sucree. it also makes good cookies.
8 oz butter softened (but still cool)
4 oz sugar
1 large egg
1 lemon zest (seasoned)
4 oz almond flour
10 oz all purpose flour
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 dash vanilla extract
1 dash of salt
1 cup+ raspberry jam
1) Sift dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
2) Cream butter, add sugar, zest and egg yolk in mixing bowl, using paddle.
3) Add in flour mixture and mix until it just comes together. Finish by hand on work table.
4) Frasiage and shape into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to allow dough to rest and to cool the butter.
5) Roll out dough, a little on the thicker side. Place into 9″ tart pan.
6) Spread raspberry jam on the bottom of the uncooked tart shell. Perhaps about 1/4 of the way full.
7) Place three strips of dough about a third of the way from both dsides of the pan. Place three more dough strip across the two, a little more than halfway past the middle, on a diagonal. Cool in refrigerator before baking.
Bake 350º to 375º for about 40 minutes or until the jam bubbles. Sprinkle with 10X powered sugar around the outer edges of the finished tart. Allow to cool fully before serving.
Yield is about 18 to 20 portions.
May be stored wrapped in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for about three days.