Every now and then I wonder what is in the heart of another. So I have complied a list for us to contemplate today. An examination of conscience. A matter of quiet gravity, whereby we permit ourselves a peek into the secret places inside our hearts.
1) Have I stolen any item, idea, someone’s thunder, a lead on another?
2) Have I ill-treated another person, animal, myself?
3) Have I neglected treating my self with understanding?
4) Do I interrupt others while they are speaking?
5) Do I stop and breathe in fresh air just for the sheer pleasure?
6) Have I told an untruth about another?
7) Have I neglected family or friends?
8) Do I ever allow myself to fall into a decline?
9) Do I agree I could make an effort to improve myself?
10) Am I willing to be open and receptive to suggestions?
11) Do I have any regrets or do I ever feel despair?
12) Am I willing to help others when they need assistance?
13) Do I ever lie to myself?
This should be enough to think about this day. Make a mental note to do something positive and remember to be kind to people, animals and places. We are traveling on a living planet and life have feelings, too.
It’s going to be 100 degrees today. Drink plenty of water, stay cool and NEVER leave persons, animals or plants in a hot automobile. You’d think no one would ever do this.